Welcome to my blog!
It is my intention to give the readers a better understanding of what we do to maintain The Farms Country Club's 18 hole championship golf course and grounds.


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Golf Course Opening Tomorrow!

I am so excited I can barely contain myself! I am opening all of the greens except for number thirteen. Carts will be available on all 18 holes with no restrictions. The course will open at 10:00AM to allow us enough preparation time.

We are busy today preparing the course for opening. By day’s end, the greens will have been mowed and rolled along with fairways and tees. I could’t help but put the stimpmeter to use and see that the greens are rolling at 9.5 feet. I’m very pleased! We will continue our course preparations tomorrow and conditions will only improve. Course supplies will be put out as time allows.

Be aware that this is the first week of March and conditions can still change. If the weather turns colder we may have to put the pins back on the temporary greens. Hopefully this won’t happen and we can continue to enjoy the outstanding early season playing conditions!

I look forward to seeing you on the course tomorrow! Don’t miss one of the earliest openings of the course in our fifty plus year history!

Mowing greens

Rolling greens

Mowing tees

Mowing fairways

Blowing fairways