Welcome to my blog!
It is my intention to give the readers a better understanding of what we do to maintain The Farms Country Club's 18 hole championship golf course and grounds.


Monday, November 8, 2010

Light Sleet & Snow Temporarily Blankets Course


A light blanket of sleet and snow covered the course this morning. While it may seem like winter is here, I think there will still be some good golf conditions ahead. The forecast for the remainder of the week is encouraging. At this time of year I continually check the long range forecast to decide when I will need to start the process of preparing the greens for the winter.
Winter preparation includes deep-tine aeration, application of snow mold protectant and finally heavy topdressing. In all, the process takes approximately one week. Continual consultations of the long range forecast and my crystal ball will help me hold out as long as possible before starting the "winterization" process. Enjoy the fine course conditions while they last. Winter is right around the corner.