Welcome to my blog!
It is my intention to give the readers a better understanding of what we do to maintain The Farms Country Club's 18 hole championship golf course and grounds.


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2011 Divot Day a Smashing Success!

 

I’d like to thank Green and Grounds Chairman Barry Burke for organizing our 2011 Divot Day!

I’d also like to thank the near forty members who showed up this morning at 7AM to participate! A tremendous turnout indeed.

I’d also like to thank Jim McMahon Sr. who started this wonderful event several years ago. Without his continued efforts this event would not be possible.

The members were first treated to a quick breakfast by General Manager, Sean McLaughlin. At 7:30am, six teams of at least six “divot-fillers” hit the course. By 9am every divot on every tee and fairway had been filled. I think that is a new record!

I’m very proud to be a part of this outstanding team of members and staff. We all have the same common goal… Take care of our course!