Welcome to my blog!
It is my intention to give the readers a better understanding of what we do to maintain The Farms Country Club's 18 hole championship golf course and grounds.


Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Greens Aerification is Complete!

The maintenance staff did an awesome job, even though Mother Nature didn't co-operate completely. I know, I always want the weather to be exactly the way I want it and when I want it.
Lofty, uncontrollable, goals!

Alan Aerifying

Marshall and Ryan "Harvesting" plugs
Regardless of the minor set-backs from the intermittent rain on Monday and Tuesday, we've been able to accomplish all aerification and overseeding of the greens.
The entire golf course is now open!
We will "fine-tune" the cleanup over the next few days. I encourage you to come out and play! You may be surprised how good the conditions are!

The weather right now is luckily perfect for green aerification. It doesn't happen every year.
Topdressing Sand Being Brushed In

Holes Seeded & Brushed In... Awesome!
I wish I could keep talking, but I sent the entire staff home for a break! They soooo deserve it!
I want to lead by example. Obviously, I can't win. Seriously me compared to all of them?
They know I'm doing all of their jobs this afternoon and have no chance to replicate their results by myself.
They will proudly and comically make me aware. I'm hoping their awareness shows them my appreciation.